Thursday, May 31, 2012

greek yogurt overnight oats and a red belt

Greek yogurt was on sale last week so I decided to try the strawberry flavour (I didn't really like it plain). 

Well, on its own, I still don't think I like it, but boy does it make a good batch of overnight oats! It's a texture thing I think. I find regular yogurt so much smoother. 


Strawberry Greek Yogurt Overnight Oats

1/2 cup rolled oats
2 large spoonfuls of Strawberry Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup skim milk
1 tbsp chia seeds

Let set in fridge overnight. In the morning I added sliced bananas and berries. 



To match my strawberries I wore my new red belt for my meetings today!



Do you enjoy greek yogurt? More than regular yogurt?

Emilie

5 comments:

  1. I copied your breakfast as soon as I opened up the page...YUM. I didn't use chia seeds though...I don't even know what they are, but I did substitute flax.

    Love your outfit today! Summery-professional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually use flax too, but I wanted to try out chia seeds since I hear so much about them. I think it's good to add lots of variety to our diets, so I throw in chia seeds every once and a while to change things up! Here's a link for a quick comparison of the two: http://www.livestrong.com/article/465511-chia-vs-flax/

      Emilie

      Delete
  2. I'm jealous of your overnight oats today - last night I mixed up a batch, but I must have been tired because I put them in the freezer instead of the fridge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so funny! It actually sounds like something I would do...

      Emilie

      Delete
    2. And let me tell you...overnight oats that are frozen and then thawed are not a good thing - I tried it for breakfast today but it was like oatmeal soup!

      Delete