Sunday, April 10, 2011

Awards, Galas and Dinners

I'm living the dream this weekend. The lovely blogger at Dans le Townhouse presented my blog with a Stylish Blogger award! Thank you for thinking of me! I've been feeling appropriately stylish lately with all the fancy functions I've been attending.

I had to start the weekend of trying out new ways to do my hair as well as playing with my shoe collection for inspirations.



Then, on Saturday night, I attended a Chocolate Gala in support of mature women at post secondary institutions. I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually didn't want any more chocolate after this evening! But of course I had some anyways!

My vogue pattern dress I made for a wedding years ago. It still suits any fancy occasion- especially when paired with this awesome Joseph Ribcoff jacket!



Sunday night was the President's Dinner at the trade show I'm working this week. I got more wear out of my vogue dress (it's great that it's all different people at my events this week!). The dinner was held downtown Toronto at the Fairmont Royal York. Very posh! Here's what we ate:

Chilled Tiger Prawn, Crab Claw, Red Onion Haitian Mango Salsa, Petite Seedlings, Chipotle Tomato Dressing (in English: cold seafood with spicy red sauce)

Spring Asparagus Bisque, Tobacco Onions (In English: cream of asparagus with fried onions

Mushroom Crusted Beef Tenderloin Medallion, Pancetta Crouton, Puff Pastry Disk, Creamy Pommes Mousseline, Burgundy Jus (In English: rare beef, mashed potatoes, gravy)

Duo of Espresso Chocolate Truffle Almond Dacquois, Pine Nut Crunch and Cranberry Cheesecake, Macerated Seasonal Berries, Vanilla Bean Anglaise (In English: chocolate cake and cranberry cheese cake)

No picture taking at this fancy dinner! You'll have to use your imagination!

Emilie

1 comment: